The Centenary College Board of Trustees and Conservatives
In has been a little more than a week since Centenary College President Barbara-Jayne Lewthwaite unceremoniously (and rudely) breached a signed contract for a Conservative panel discussion to be held on their campus. Since that time, several of the members of the Centenary College Board of Trustees have been contacted regarding both their administration’s handling of the breach of contract and their apparent seething disdain for conservatives.
The members that I have corresponded and spoken with have had a very different attitude than the one exhibited by their College President when she hung up the phone while proceeding to breach the contract the evening before the event.
Several have mentioned that they have heard from New Jersey conservatives about the abrupt cancellation of a conservative panel discussion that was going to discuss our Freedoms and Bill of Rights, among other topics.
Many have expressed concern about what happened, how it happened, and want to know why it happened. Conservatives across New Jersey also want to know why it happened!
Please continue to contact the members of the Board of Trustees listed below yourself, and feel free to pass along their contact information to me by clicking here.
Conservatives have dealt with these circumstances for far too long and failed far too often to stand up and hold those responsible accountable.
Do we as taxpayers want to continue to support institutions of higher learning in New Jersey that want no discussion on freedom and the Bill of Rights from a conservative viewpoint?
You can follow Rob Eichmann on Twitter:Follow @RobEichmannNJ
BOARD OF TRUSTEES OFFICERS
- Arden Davis Melick ’60, New York, NY……………..Chairman
- Kenneth Lee Hahn, Califon, NJ…………….1st Vice Chairman
- Norman Worth, Hackettstown, NJ………………………2nd Vice Chairman
- Christopher Treanor, New York, NY……………………..3rd Vice Chairman
- Lucinda Thomas Embersits ‘59, Madison, CT………Secretary
- Alan J. Shaw, Iselin, NJ………………………………Treasurer
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEMBERS
- Ellen Baars-Banks ’93, Mount Bethel, PA
- Audrey Bonaparte-Watts, ’78, Teaneck, NJ
- Howard L. Burrell, Glenwood, NJ
- Stanley Caine, Adrian, MI
- Tilly-Jo Emerson, Morristown, NJ
- Rev. Dr. Frank Fowler, Hackettstown, NJ
- Rochelle Makela-Goodman ’97, Annandale, NJ
- Wolfgang Gstattenbauer ’84, Augusta, NJ
- Michael Halpin, Hackettstown, NJ
- David W. Johnson, Cranford, NJ
- Michael Lavery, Hackettstown, NJ
- Joann LaPerla-Morales, Edison, NJ
- George Muller, Flemington, NJ
- Raymond Nisivoccia, Mt. Arlington, NJ
- Denis Hennessy O’Rourke, Hackettstown, NJ
- Alden Siegel, Morristown, NJ
- Orin R. Smith, Brielle, NJ
- Timothy L. Smith, Parsippany, NJ
- James D. Stryker, Pittstown, NJ
- Linda Van Winkle Watkins ’62, Mystic, CT
- Harris F. Smith, Califon, NJ
- Bishop Hae-Jong Kim, Englewood, NJ
- David A. Lackland, Warren, NJ